Last updated: February 1, 2024
We take the confidentiality and the protection of your Personal Data very seriously. Therefore, we process your Personal Data only to the extent permissible under statutory provisions, in particular under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“General Data Protection Regulation”’ or “GDPR”).
- Visitors of www.versasense.com
- Customers of VersaSense
- Recruitment candidates
The entity responsible for processing your personal data is:
(hereafter “VersaSense” or “we”)
What Personal Data VersaSense collects and processes?
The personal data that VersaSense collects and processes from you may include the following information (any such data hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”):
- Identity data including name, surname, date of birth, passport number, etc.
- Contact data including billing address, email address, phone number.
- Financial data including bank account details.
- Professional information including your employer, your title or position, your professional history, your preferred language, the practice areas, jurisdictions and industries you are interested in, your relationship to a person.
- HR data including information that you provided to us when applying for a job at VersaSense in order to assess your profile and skills.
- Usage or technical data such as information that we derive from your visits to www.versasense.com, such as your IP address, the pages you visit, the browser you are using, the website you have previously visited, demographic information, and the time and duration of your visit.
VersaSense will not process Personal Data relating to criminal convictions and offences special categories of Personal Data such as e.g. religious of philosophical beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership, information about health.
How VersaSense collects your Personal Data?
- Your Personal Data might be collected directly from you when you provide us your Personal Data. E.g.: You provide us with Personal Data that are necessary for customer services, you send us a message through the contact form, you reach out to us in connection with an open job offering, you give us your business information on a customer event of VersaSense; you participate in one of our events, etc.
- Your Personal Data may be collected from third parties.
E.g.: When another party sends us your Personal Data; in order to provide customer services; when you feature on an attendee list of a training or event; etc.
- Your Personal Data may be collected by using publicly available resources, including: E.g.: the Crossroad Bank for Enterprises, the National Gazette of Belgium, the Central Balance Sheet Office, etc.
For which purposes and on which grounds does VersaSense process your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data will be processed for the following purposes:
- To provide access to our software, customer services or other services to our (potential) customers and to manage business relationships with you or your organisation (including for billing, accounting, auditing, collection, payments, employment, and other support services).
- To manage and secure access to our offices and website www.versasense.com.
- To inform you about job openings and opportunities at VersaSense that we consider suitable for you.
- Additionally, we may process your Personal Data to communicate with you with respect to events, products or services provided by VersaSense and that are relevant to you (including via newsletters, alerts, event invitations, etc.) and to distribute surveys.
On which ground does VersaSense process your Personal Data?
VersaSense might process your Personal Data on following grounds:
- To performance of a contract: when the processing is necessary for the performance of a license, service or partner agreement to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (e.g. identity data, contact data, financial data, professional information or HR Data)
- To comply with a legal obligation (e.g. identity data, contact data, financial data)
- For VersaSense’s legitimate interest: when necessary for the interest of VersaSense or a third party and your fundamental rights are not overridden by such interests. These legitimate interests include organising our internal operations, handling our matters, ensuring proper administration, ensuring appropriate security, and the like. (e.g. identity data, contact data, financial data, professional information or HR Data)
- Consent: where you have provided your consent or explicit consent to the processing of the Personal Data. (e.g. identity data, contact data, financial data, professional information or HR Data). The consent you provide is free, and you always have the right to withdraw a consent at any time. For the avoidance of doubt, withdrawal of consent does not affect the processing of Personal Data (i) prior to such withdrawal, (ii) based on any legitimate ground for processing Personal Data, and (iii) in case of a legitimate interest of the processing.
Exchange of your Personal Data
Any Personal Data we collect from you, may be transferred to third parties including (sub)contractors, both based inside and outside the European Union, in order to execute a processing agreement, based upon your consent or because required by applicable law and regulations.
For data processed outside the European Union or European Economic Area, VersaSense applies the standard contractual clauses defined by the European Commission.
VersaSense secures your Personal Data through various technical and organisational measures, such as firewalls, secured servers, and data processing agreements with third parties.
- Identity data until removal of the Personal Data
- Contact data until removal of the Personal Data
- Financial data until removal of the Personal Data
- Professional information until removal of the Personal Data
- HR data two (2) years
- Usage or technical data one (1) year
Subject to the terms and conditions provided for by the applicable law, you may contact VersaSense to exercise the following rights:
- right of access
- right to rectification
- right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
- right to restriction of processing
- right to object to the processing
- right to withdraw consent
- right to data portability
If we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR), you can object to the processing by contacting us (see “Controller” for contact details). The same applies if we process your data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
Furthermore, you are entitled to file a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data
If you believe that your rights as a data subject have been infringed, please be aware that you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. Depending on the responsible entity, this will be Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit / l’Autorité de protection des données (for Belgium).